Wednesday, January 13, 2010

George H.W. Bush 41st US President 1989-1993


George H. W. Bush 1924 -

41st US President 1989- 1993

Republican

First Lady Barbara Pierce

Vice President J. Danforth Quayle

Bush faced huge problem with the debt the Reagan years left behind. Budget problems and raising taxes hurt Bush's popularity, but his foreign affairs leadership propelled him into greater popularity. The Gulf War of 1991 helped solidify his image a strong leader although the popularity did not lead to re election in 1992.


I am not one who - who flamboyantly believes in throwing a lot of words around.
George H.W. Bush

I can tell you this: If I'm ever in a position to call the shots, I'm not going to rush to send somebody else's kids into a war.
George H.W. Bush

I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli.
George H.W. Bush

I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.
George H.W. Bush

I think I'd be a better president because I was in combat.
George H.W. Bush

I'll be glad to reply to or dodge your questions, depending on what I think will help our election most.
George H.W. Bush


No comments:

Post a Comment