Saturday, January 9, 2010

Warren G. Harding 29th US President 1921-1923


Warren G. Harding 1865 - 1932

29th President 1921- 1923

Republican

First Lady Florence Kling Dewolfe

Vice President Calvin Coolidge

Warren Harding Tariffs were reinstated, immigration was restricted and a Federal budget was created. Warren Harding kept the US out of the League of Nations and tried to reduce the arms of all nations. Harding died before his term ended.

Warren G. Harding Quotes:

America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration.
Warren G Harding

I don't know much about Americanism, but it's a damn good word with which to carry an election.
Warren G Harding

I don't know what to do or where to turn in this taxation matter. Somewhere there must be a book that tells all about it, where I could go to straighten it out in my mind. But I don't know where the book is, and maybe I couldn't read it if I found it.
Warren G Harding

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my goddamned friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!
Warren G Harding

Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile his friends are everything.
Warren G Harding


No comments:

Post a Comment